Thursday, May 10, 2018

I Like #65

Another week of good things to talk about! 

1.  I think (please please please) the tick fiasco is wrapping up.  Bentley went to the vet and is fine, I got them both on new good medicine, and I haven't seen any ticks in a few days.  I'm still vacuuming the furniture and spending more time than usual in my non-upholstered wooden rocking chair, but I think things are improving.  For your enjoyment-  some happy sun-spot dog pics.  They're so sweet.




2. I love all the things that are blooming right now!  My petunias have come back from all the freezes, and my blackberries are blooming too!  In addition, my Christmas cactus is super-confused and has bloomed like crazy! 






3.  My dahlias have sprouted!  At least a couple of them.  At least I'm pretending they're sprouting dahlias (rather than just another weed).  I think the little bright green shoots in the middle are the dahlias.  Keep your fingers crossed that they keep growing.


4. I finished another quilt!  I'll share more of it in a couple weeks, but here's another updated sneak peek.


5.  I like Roger Whittaker!  LeeAnna shared a link to Leaving on a Jet Plane, and though of course that's classic John Denver, I grew up listening to the Roger Whittaker version.  He has such a wonderful voice and we listened to so many of his albums growing up.  As with most things, there's a bunch of his music on YouTube if you haven't heard it before.

6.  I like jigsaw puzzles!  I had such fun doing them as a kid and teenager, but hadn't done one in a while.  Recently I realized I have a niced sized dining table and I'm the only one who eats at it so there's plenty of room to have one out and going.  I just worked this Star Wars puzzle I'd had for a while, and I have a big Disney one to work on next.  Just a few minutes while I'm drinking my coffee in the morning, or in the evening when I'm too tired to sew anymore.



I hope everyone has a good week!  Thanks to LeeAnna for linking us up!

5 comments:

  1. oooo back to back dogs... great shot! Love petunias. I couldn't grow them in our MD shady house but there is no lack of direct sun here... just need a house to put them around. I wish we could sit next to each other and do a puzzle, love puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    I love seeing the puppies lying in the sun! I can just feel their nice warm coat - ummmm. I hope the tick issue is gone and solved. Uggg. Those cactus - how darn gorgeous are they?!! Oh wow. I love Roger Whittaker too - such a smooth voice. And jigsaw puzzles - my sister was a fanatic with them. I remember looking and looking for a piece - give me the edges and then I'm out! I have no patience for them unless I'm helping Dominic put one together. More my speed, you know, and instant gratification. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how dogs always find the best spot with sun in it! Your flowers look pretty - I've just been to the garden store for plants today. Looking forward to planting them! That looks like a fun puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pups look very comfy! That is one confused Christmas cactus. lol. Love all those flowers, though. Oh, jigsaws. The library used to have one at a table but they haven't doe it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you and your flowers, especially the dahlias :-) Hope your tick problem is truly behind you ... I am a big fan of jigsaw puzzles, and have several calling my name - for me, it's more of a winter activity, when the days are short and I can't be outside as much!

    ReplyDelete