Monday, May 1, 2017

Valentine's Day (Belated!)

I've been trying to make it in at least once a week to share an I Like post, but the craziness in my work life has meant that both progress and blogging about my art and projects has fallen by the wayside.  Even though I feel like I haven't sewn much recently, I still have a variety of things to share.  I have two new art quilts in the works, and I'll be back to share them in upcoming posts, but for now I thought I'd just share a grab-bag of miscellaneous things.

The first is my valentine's block for this year (and actually the last several years).  I just realized that I don't think I've shared my mom's annual valentine's blocks since 2013.  Every year my mom makes a block for Becky and I, with the idea that sometime we'll sew them all into a quilt.  It's a fun tradition, and always neat to see what technique or approach she's chosen.  Usually it's somehow related to some other project she's working on- so it makes a nice time capsule.

In 2014 mom was working on an applique dinosaur quilt for my new nephew :)



In 2015 she was doing lots of wool applique, and Sue Spargo-inspired embroidery.

2016 was when we were experimenting with felting.


2017 is back to her core piecing!


Love you Mom!


2 comments:

  1. These are adorable. I'd love to have a collection of these and wonder just how you'll one day put them together, remembering all the fun your mom is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious quilt you will make from these blocks.

    ReplyDelete