Monday, August 26, 2013

Wallet

I've actually been making good progress on my art quilts in the last two weeks.  I have three done that I haven't shared yet, but I'm waiting to get some good pictures before I show final finishes on them.  My parents are coming this weekend and I'm hoping to get my dad to help me with the photography.  He's also bringing me a new-to-me camera. He got a new one and is passing his old one along to me.  I'm looking forward to some photography lessons!

Anyway, I do have a finish to share today.  I got the Wallet Trio pattern from Sew Sweetness and made up wallet 3 over the weekend.  I was excited to try this type of zipper closure and I loved the accordion sides and central zip divider.  The binding and zipper on mine are actually dark purple, not black.  It came out so cute, and I just love that dahlia fabric.

The pattern was great, really easy to follow with super clear instructions.  Putting the binding on was time consuming but just required a bit of patience.  I only made one change; in the original pattern, the  card slots are sewn down on both sides (creating 9 card slots on each side).  I decided I wanted one of the back pockets to be the full width (for cash or larger notes) so I did that.  You can see what I mean in the third picture.  It took me a few minutes to figure out how to stitch it to accomplish that, but it worked out fine.






It turned out a bit bigger than I prefer my wallets (I should have guessed that based on the pattern pieces), so I'll probably save it for a giveaway later in the year.  

Linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday!


6 comments:

  1. Para mi es perfecta .Me encanta.Aunque vivo donde termina el mapa de América del Sur participare en su sorteo. Algún amigo me ayudara si no es internacional.1000 cariños .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. The cash pocket was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your choice of fabrics and the flower on the front is beautiful!
    You say it's a bit big, would it be large enough to use for sewing notions when going to sewing retreats?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, I really like it, and it's practical too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Did you use cardboard for the outer part??

    ReplyDelete