Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day Cards

I hope you guys aren't too sick of Valentine's Day quite yet, because I have one more project to show! I love making Valentine's Day cards for my relatives, and try to do something different each year.  Last year I made 3D garlands and the year before that I did origami valentines.  This year, I was inspired by this image I found on pinterest.
















Here are a few of the valentines I made based on the text from it.  It's always fun to get out my scrapbook paper and cardstock.  I think glue sticks are my favorite craft supply, I use them for so many things, even including quilting.




Then, because I've been wanting to make these flowers forever, I looked up the tutorial on whip up and made some into Valentine's flowers for my friend Cheryl and Mike's grandkids.  They were fun and easy to make, but fairly time consuming.  I used an old map of Italy for the flower part.  I used to occasionally go to old garage sales looking for National Geographics just so I could get the old maps, but then I found this great used bookstore in Tucson called Bookmans.  They had a bin of just the maps over by the magazines and you could buy them for a dime or something.  Anyway, I don't know if they still have it, but I bought a ton of them.  They're so great for wrapping paper and crafting and everything.  I used old pipe cleaners (I guess now they're called chenille stem) which I found only because I actually cleaned up my craft supplies when I into the building.  I had no idea I even had them.  I almost threw them away but am glad I didn't!  Green would have been better but these did in a pinch.






Do you guys make valentines?  What kind of seasonal crafting is going on in your neck of the woods lately?

1 comment:

  1. Love the map flowers!! I have a few old maps that i've been saving for something too. I haven't figured out what that is quite yet. I did see a cool wallpapered application, but haven't found a wall to try it on yet.

    ReplyDelete