Monday, January 30, 2012

The studio is..... functional! Hooray!

I promise that soon there will be more crafty posts on here, but for now everything is so crazy I haven't been sewing at all.  I thought I'd just pop in and give you guys an update on what we have been doing; working on the studio!

Mike is the true hero of the story, after painting and painting and painting, he then installed all the flooring (on two consecutive days) all by himself!  It looked so lovely and pristine and wonderful.

On Saturday we assembled shelves and moved all the furniture in (in anticipation of some work that will be done in the house this week).  It took the whole day and into the night, but the studio is now completely functional.  I even have my apple TV and DVD player hooked up.

I sewed my first stitches in it on Saturday afternoon, sadly nothing exciting, just some minor repairs to a tote bag I found while cleaning up.   We still don't have a cutting area (which will be in the center of the room) or the design wall (which will be in front of the shelving) but my parents are coming out in a few weeks to help with that.  The most striking thing about the space is how open, light, and airy it feels although that may change as we fill it up with things.





Thanks so much for stopping by!  More sewing soon!

3 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo!! So excited for you! What do you use the old singer for? I inherited an old machine like that from my grandma and have been wanting to try to free motion quilt with it. Just wondering how possible that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a wonderful place to sew! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not bored at all...I think these types of posts are so enjoyable! We don't just sew all day long! At least I don't!!!

    ReplyDelete