Monday, January 9, 2012

Plans for the New Year!

I'm not a big fan of new years resolutions, but I do like to make goals for the new year and think a little bit about what I've accomplished in the previous year.

Back in June I wrote a post on my in-progress but unfinished projects.  I've tried really hard not to start any new big projects and have made good projects on these.  I thought it would be good to update and start a new list for 2012.

1. Purple Medallion Quilt:.-Update completely finished!  Final blog post to come soon.
2. Hawaiian Applique Quilt: Update-Completely finished!  I think I'm going to donate this one to the women and children's shelter in Ruidoso.
3. Dog Portraits: Update- no progress here.
4. Nativity Mosaic Quilt: Update- no progress here.  I've decided that regardless of other projects, I'm going to start working on this one in July so it will be finished by next Christmas.
5. Visions of God Group Church Quilt: Update-Completely finished!
6. Large S Quilt: Update-Completely finished!
7. Small Caryl Fallert Blocks: Update-Completely finished!
8. Grandmother's Flower Garden Project: Update- I used a few of these blocks for Christmas mug rugs but then pieced 10 more.  I think I'll just keep them around as happy blocks to use as needed.
9. Miniature Whole Cloth Quilt: Update-Completely finished!


So, only two main projects left as UFOs at the end of 2011.  They'll go at the top of my list for 2012.  My overall goal in 2012 is to focus on my larger quilt projects as much as possible.  I love to do small, finish-it-quickly projects too, they give such a sense of accomplishment, but they do delay progress on my more involved stuff.

UFOs/Projects already started going into 2012 are:

1. Dog Portraits
2. Nativity Mosaic Quilt
3. Super-secret Embroidery Project
4. Crocheted Sweater
5. Silk-screened Prints
6. Studio!

Large/Currently Planned New Projects to tackle in 2012

1. Diaper bag for Becky
2. Swap quilt for blog name swap over at Samelia's Mum.
3. Still Life Art Quilt
4. Granny Square Sampler
5. Amy Butler's Weekender Bag
6. Baby Quilt

I'm sure there are more, but these seem like enough to start with!  Kudos for anybody still reading after all this wordiness!  I appreciate the space to work out my thoughts and plans.  I hope you all are looking forward to creative exploration in 2012!

1 comment: