Monday, January 16, 2012

Mug Rug for Mom

One last Christmas present post for you all before I wrap up the 2011 holiday season.  I've seen this style of patchwork before and have wondered how to do it.  I was therefore super excited to see Janet Somerset's guest post and tutorial for these cards on Sew Happy Geek.  I originally thought I'd make one of these into an ornament for my mom, but then decided on a little mug rug so she could have it out all year.  I followed the instructions on the tutorial exactly and it worked out perfectly!  

I tried really hard to make it using calm non-bright colors, and I think it turned out well.  My mom really liked it as well.

Here it is in progress and then finished.






Are you guys about wrapped up with Christmas/Holidays 2011?

2 comments:

  1. looks awesome!! I imagine the binding was tricky with all those corners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute mug rug and your quitting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete